Wednesday, May 21, 2008

drawing from nature

AM sometimes it's difficult to draw from nature in Vancouver because it rains 9 months out of the year. I used to pack up all of my supplies , drive to Stanley park and crawl under a huge fir tree.The tree became my umbrella and from this uncomfortable yet cozy position I would proceed to draw, sketch and paint the view in front of me.Today I uploaded an early ink painting, titled ink 51, from 1987.This is what I saw from under my tree! I continued this process for an entire intense year.I went outside all the time and I also went to a studio which offered anatomy classes 7 times per week.I absolutely loved drawing the human form,especially portraits.

1 comment:

maxcp5 said...

I like landscapes..the earth is paradise....heaven.
Best wishes on your explorations.

Michael an artist in Fresno Ca.
Unknown